Contact us

Useful areas

How to contact The Pension Service

This page is for queries about benefits and services in England, Scotland and Wales. If you have a query about benefits and services in Northern Ireland, please visit the Social Security Agency Northern Ireland website

We have set up a network of pension centres across England, Scotland and Wales to deal with your pension-related enquires. For more information, see About us

If you have a complaint or comment, please contact The Pension Service by post, phone, fax or email.

If your query is about Winter Fuel Payments or the One-off 70+ Payment, contact the Winter Fuel Payment Helpline

Contact us

Find out which of our offices you should contact by entering your postcode below.


You can phone The Pension Service Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm on 0845 60 60 265* (0845 60 60 275* for Welsh speaking customers living in Wales).

If you have speech or hearing difficulties, a textphone service is available on 0845 60 60 285* (0845 60 60 295* for Welsh language).

If English or Welsh is not your first language, you can use your own interpreter or we can provide one for you.

Our phone lines tend to be quieter in the afternoon and towards the end of the week if you prefer to call then. We record phone calls to help us provide an accurate and consistent service and for training and security purposes.

*Calls from BT landlines are charged at local rates. Charges for calls from mobile phones, cable and other network providers may be different. We can ring you back if requested.

These arrangements do not include calls from Northern Ireland.

Living overseas? Contact us or read more about living overseas in our A to Z section.

Don't know your postcode? - use the Royal Mail's postcode finder

If you have special needs...

Take a look at the other ways you can keep in touch with us and get the information you need.

When English is not your first language

Most of our information is available in Welsh and some information is also available in Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Gujarati, Punjabi, Somali, Urdu and Vietnamese. Your social security office or pension centre can let you know how you can access an interpreter if needed. Some of our information in other languages is available online

Braille, audiocassettes, textphone and sign language

We provide a range of information in other formats for those with a sight or hearing difficulty. Ask your pension centre or social security office, or order information in these formats online.