I am retired...
Time to make your money work for you

Useful areas

Health & social services in England or Wales

If you are disabled or a carer, you can find information about extra money you may be able to get by visiting the Money & tax section of this website.

NHS-funded nursing care in care homes
Phone 0870 1555 455 (England) or 029 2082 5295 (Wales)

If you are in a care home that provides nursing care or are planning to go into one, whether or not you qualify for financial support from social services, you may be eligible for NHS-funded nursing care if you need care from a registered nurse.

Anyone receiving financial support from social services for their care in a care home providing nursing care will have the care they need from a registered nurse paid for by the NHS. If you also receive support from social services, they will be responsible for the other costs of care and for assessing the level of any financial contribution that you may need to make.

If you live in England, you can phone 0870 1555 455 for a free copy of the leaflet NHS Funding Care in Nursing Homes - what it means for you. The line is open from 8.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday. Calls are charged at local rates. Or you can contact your local Primary Care Trust directly.

If you live in Wales, you can phone 029 2082 5295. The line is open from 9.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday. Or you can contact your local health board directly.

You can find more information about benefits and services available to people in residential care or nursing homes on this website.

Send this page to a friend  |  to top