I am retired...
Time to make your money work for you

Useful areas

A guide to disability rights and services

The Government has produced HB6 A Practical Guide for Disabled People or Carers. This could be useful for anyone who has a disability or anyone who looks after a disabled relative or friend. It provides accurate, up-to-date information about your rights and the services you can use. It covers everything from money to holidays, and housing to leisure time. The guide covers services provided by central and local government and voluntary organisations such as Age Concern and the Royal Association for Disability and Rehabilitation (RADAR).

You can read or print HB6 A Practical Guide for Disabled People or Carers from the Department of Health Website. You can also phone the NHS 24 (Scotland) on 08454 24 24 24 at any time of the day or night (A textphone service is also available for people who have difficulties with their hearing or speech on 18001 08454 24 24 24).

You can also write to: Scottish Executive Community Care Division, Area 2 East Rear, St Andrew 's House, Edinburgh EH1 3DG, or phone on 0131 244 5403. The line is open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Send this page to a friend  |  to top